The other night, I was driving to a friend’s house when I saw the unthinkable. A wildfire in the area had grown large enough where I could easily see its glow on the horizon. Dark clouds of smoke rose above it. I’ve always thought that the “bad things” are far away from me, but there it was right in front of me. Of course, I’m safe, and I’m thankful that it rained today to doubly ensure my safeness. However, these wildfires are nothing to be trifled with, and many people are being forced to evacuate because of them. Hopefully, I’ll continue to remain safe, but I’m definitely staying on guard. What do I do when I’m faced with a situation that makes me uncomfortable? I make light of it! Here are ten instances of fire found in video games.
- The fire bar from Super Mario Bros. (NES 1985)
- Escape from the Cave of Wonders in Aladdin (SNES 1993)
- Battle with Heat Man in Mega Man 2 (NES 1988)
- Fiery first stage of Castlevania: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine CD 1993)
- Revisiting Lucca’s House in Chrono Cross (PS1 1999)
- Taking time to pose in Contra III: The Alien Wars (SNES 1992)
- Flying through fire in Gradius 3 (SNES 1995)
- The Fire Temple of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64 1998)
- Corona Mountain in Super Mario Sunshine (Gamecube 2002)
- Rescuing Strago and Relm from a burning building in Final Fantasy 6 (SNES 1994)
What are some other games that have great instances of fire? Let me know in the comments! Check back for my next official Top Ten list on November 1st!